Wednesday, 31 December 2014

My New Year's Resolution

My new year resolution, on the stroke of 12 in the night, with the change in the year, I changed my views and it changed my sight. I listened to my heart and took an oath:-

The Voice of Heart: My New Year's Resolution

A new year of hope
A new year of life
A new era to leave a mark
A new blank slate to write success
A new challenge to survive.
Things will be better this time
As long as keep on trying to get it
All will come to me,
I will be honest in attempt and fight,


This time I will break the chains of fears
That confined me to see the world as free,

This time I will run, I will fly
To reach the paradise of my dream,

This time I will grab that cloud of happiness
And make it rain over me,

This time I will not look back
And let my untamed heart wander free,

This time I wouldn't blind my mind
And let it see
The horizon of possibilities
and let it find it's glee,


A new morning of hope
A new afternoon of warmth
A new evening of passion
A new night of love

That is what I got,
This is all I have thought,

Every day will be new, gift wrapped
Trying to give the new opportunity to me,
With excitement of unwrapping it,
to see what is in store for me.

With every challenge,
I will evolve, win every battle
and will write my own destiny,

This time I will embrace the love
And spread all of it over the world
And will take back love as it's fee,

This time I will roar
This time I will exercise
To concur my flaws,

This time I will evolve
As a better me

A new year of hope
A new year of life
A new era to leave a mark
A new blank slate to write success
A new challenge to survive.

This time I will roar
This time I will exercise
To concur my flaws,

This time I will evolve
As a better me


© Abhishek Shukla, The Voice of Heart: My New Year Resolution
Post a Comment